New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

time capsule

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MacHead1986

MacHead1986 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac version 10.7.5, 2.5GHz intel core i5 4GB DDR3....iPad 2- 8GB.... iPhone 4 - 8GB

My husband bought me a time capsule but I keep getting this message every few weeks on my iMac

The backup disk image “/Volumes/Data/debra’s iMac.sparsebundle” could not be accessed (error -1).

when I get this I have to reset the time capsule which disrupts the wireless internet for the entire house. I have had the time capsule for maybe a few weeks? Any idea?

I am Mac Lovin'
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

I did a little digging to see what I could find out. Some of the post I have seen suggest that the backup software for someWestern Digital drives is the culprit. This post shows two different ways of removing the potential culprit.

If that does not fix the issue see if you can double click the sparse bundle to open it. It should appear on the desktop as a hard drive. Now run Disk Utility and let it repair any errors it finds.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Trackpad on multiple Macs (local) | Have Apple installed a second-hand hard drive in my recalled machine? »