New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Using bootcamp on an SSD on 10.7

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

oalzein

oalzein is on a distinguished road

I recently installed a Crucial M4 256GB solid state drive into my 15' Macbook Pro late 2011. I installed TRIMenabler and so far have been very happy with the speed. The only problem I've encountered so far, which is more of a worry, is that when i go to use boot camp it will conflict with the partition i made to reinstall lion on my SSD. When installing lion on the drive i had to use disk utility to make a single partition and install. What should i do to ensure i don't mess anything up on the mac side. In addition, would i need TRIM support on windows with my SSD and how would that work? i currently just used trim enabler and it seemed to be fine..

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

I'm not sure I understand your question. Where do you wish to install Windows, on the SSD, or your other hard drive?

As far as TRIM is concerned, it's supported in Windows 7. No additional software is required.
QUOTE Thanks
oalzein

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
I'm not sure I understand your question. Where do you wish to install Windows, on the SSD, or your other hard drive?

As far as TRIM is concerned, it's supported in Windows 7. No additional software is required.
Yes on my SSD currently installed in my computer, sorry for confusion
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

If the SSD is your primary boot drive, then Boot Camp can and will create a partition for Windows on it and installation as normal. However, if the SSD is not your primary drive and is installed in the optical slot, (data doubler) you will be unable to install Windows on it.
QUOTE Thanks
oalzein

Im not exactly sure how to tell
QUOTE Thanks
oalzein

never mind i see what you mean, Thanks for all the help
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook Pro Drive Upgrade - Seagate Savvio? | 250GB WD Scorpio Blue? Yay or nay? »