New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Thunderbolt screen arrangment

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

carlcarlcarl

carlcarlcarl is on a distinguished road

I am running my laptop to two thunderbolt screens at work with the arrangement (T1-L-T2; i.e laptop (L) in the middle and thunderbolts (T1 and T2) either side), to which I disconnect and take my laptop home when traveling or at the end of each day. However when I return and reconnect them their arrangement becomes (T2-L-T1) and every morning for the past 10 weeks I have been redefining their arrangement. However its becoming tedious. I have even daisy chained them in the opposite configuration to see if that would help but the exact same issue occurs.

Has anyone had/solved/know how to solve this problem?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

You've already tried my first idea.

My second suggestion would be to physically relocate the 2 displays into the order that is auto arranged.

Of course, if they are 2 different sizes (and consequently their use in that position), that's probably not what you wanted to hear.

Have not used 2 external displays, so no personal experience.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
carlcarlcarl

carlcarlcarl is on a distinguished road

Don't you hate it when someone has the most obvious of solutions that you were too stupid to think of yourself! Thanks bobtomay!!!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Sometimes it just takes a different set of eyes.

Watch out though, these machines are getting smart nowadays and could be watching you and doing it just to aggravate you.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HP C5580 Printer connection with IMAC | Business card readers »