New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Pixma MP780 scanning problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Savaloy

I have an iMac G5 and a Canon Pixma MP780, and everything works except the scanning. Well, actually it will scan perfectly well with Apple's Image Capture, but Canon's MP Navigator and Omnipage SE will not scan. They both try to open Scangear Starter which fails to open a driver (according to the error message in MP Navigator). When I try to open Scangear Starter on its own, it tries to open and then immediately closes. Canon tech support have absolutely no idea why there software won't work. Does anyone else have the same problem with Scangear Starter not working? Is is just bad software, or is there a conflict with another piece of software stopping it from opening?

Any help would be much appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
macjack

macjack is on a distinguished road

I have exactly the same problem, but with a MacBook Pro. Guessing it's the software. I see this is kind of an old post. Did you ever figure out a solution?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Printer question | Wireless Mighty Mouse Scroll Issue »