New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

AppleTV blinking after update

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

markwco

markwco is on a distinguished road

I was excited to read about the new Apple TV software update last night so quickly went to do the update. I've done many and never had a problem until this time.
I started the update and the last time I looked at it the download had around 1 minute left. When I went back about a half our later I simply saw the Apple TV's lighting blinking at a quick pace. I don't get any sound or video at all.
The model that I have is the most recent Apple TV. When doing some Google research I found similar problems but people talked about plugging it in via USB to your computer and syncing with iTunes but I believe that's for the older model. I figured there must be some type of hardware reset but I don't see anything like this.
is there some way to get it to work again such as by doing a hardware reset or do I have to go to the Genius Bar?

Thanks,

Mark
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

It should work on your 3rd Generation ATV as well,

Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation): Restoring your Apple TV

SM

QUOTE Thanks
markwco

markwco is on a distinguished road

I didn't realize it has a Micro USB port but I found it and did a restore and it's working fine now.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Quadra 700 mouse problem | HDMI Cable Question »