New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Quadra 700 mouse problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

CyberFox

CyberFox is on a distinguished road

Hello,

i've just bought an old Quadra 700, connected the mouse on the keyboard and the keyboard to the q700...
The keyboard work correctly, but the mouse doesn't move vertically... I've tried to connect the mouse to the other adb port on the keyboard and directly on the other port on the mb, but the result is always the same...

What you think ? The problem is the mouse ? Or the mb ?
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

If it's an old ADB mouse you can try opening it up and giving the rollers a clean, try that first

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
CyberFox

Is an old adb G5431 apple mouse. Yes, i've tried with no success...
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

It goes horizontally I take it? Might be a bad ADB cable if cleaning does not work. Take out the ball and find the moving parts and move them with your finger. One should make it move Vertically and the other Horizontally!
QUOTE Thanks
CyberFox

Yes, horizontally have no problems...
I've tried moving the wheels with my finger, but nothing happen...
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

Then it's probably the cable. You an find those old Apple mice sometimes on Ebay for almost nothing.
QUOTE Thanks
CyberFox

I hope is the cable...
I've been able to move the mouse vertically, it's a bit difficult to make you understand the movements i've made with my arms for make it move...
A sort of jumping mouse downward...
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Been down that road a few times! I have many old Macs and a bunch of those mice! I also own a Working Quadra 700.
QUOTE Thanks
CyberFox

Do you've one to sell me ?
I live in Italy...
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

Unplug the keyboard cable and turn it around and plug the other end into the keyboard.
QUOTE Thanks
CyberFox

Do you mean connect the mouse on the other adb plug of the keyboard ?
If this i've tried with the same result...
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberFox View Post
Do you mean connect the mouse on the other adb plug of the keyboard ?
If this i've tried with the same result...
Turn around the cable from the keyboard to the computer...the coiled one. The problem may be the keyboard cable and not the mouse. Dont use a ADB printer cable as a keyboard cable.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Hi-Speed FireWire Storage Enclosure 2.5" SSD | AppleTV blinking after update »