New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Can WiFi of TimeMachine be used?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fak119

fak119 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac OS X 10.9.3(13D65); iPad2; New iPad; MS-Office for Mac 2011

I have TimeMachine (TM) running. On my mobile's WiFi connections this TM is listed with a clear signal but I cannot connect the mobile phone even after entering TM's password.

There are two messages: Either "Remembered. Secured with WAP/WPA2 PSK" or "Not in Range. Secured with WAP/WPA2 PSK"

Is there anything I can do?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Are you talking about a Time Capsule?

Because TimeMachine is a piece of software on your Mac that can create a backup of your hard drive.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
fak119

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
Are you talking about a Time Capsule?

Because TimeMachine is a piece of software on your Mac that can create a backup of your hard drive.
Of course I meant Time capsule...
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

And what mobile device?

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
fak119

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
And what mobile device?
A Samsung Mobile Phone (older model)
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

What type of Wifi does your older model samsung phone support? How is your Time Capsule Wifi Setup? Does it allow B/G/N? Is your Samsung so old that it uses B and your time capsule isn't set for b? Also is MAC filtering turned on?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Are earpods avalible in Walmart yet? | 1st Gen Airport Express with Lion? »