New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Very Strange USB Keyboard Behavior

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

CoolCheech

CoolCheech is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: mid-2010 15" MacBook Pro 2.8 i7, 8GB, OS X 10.6.8

I've had the Mac version of the Razor Black Widow USB Keyboard for almost a year now. I've also had the Logitech G5 USB mouse for about 3-4 years.

I've used the keyboard with zero problems on my iMac running 10.5. Shortly after I bought the keyboard I bought a MBP running 10.6. The MBP was a lemon and after being plauged with problems Apple recently gave me a new MBP running 10.8.

Right before the bad MBP (10.6) was returned to Apple I noticed a strange thing with my keyboard, as soon as I would touch a key I would lose the ability to type, on both the USB and MBP Keyboard, and any left mouse click would respond as a right mouse click. This happened on both my USB mouse and the MBP's trackpad. I just chalked it up to the MBP being a lemon.

I received my new MBP (10.8) about 2-3 weeks ago and everything has been working great. I was on the computer for about 3 hours last night and then the same exact keyboard problems were happening. I don't know what's going on.
I shut it down and uplugged everything and went to bed. I turned it one this morning, plugged in the keyboard and it's the same exact problem.

*When I unplug the keboard, the problems go away.
*I usually have it plugged into a USB hub, but plugged directly into the MBP the problem is the same.
*The USB mouse fuctions as normal when the keyboard is unplugged.

Any idea what could be happeneing?

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Sounds like the keyboard may be defective or intermittent. Since the internal keyboard works OK, it has to be a problem with the USB keyboard. Have you another spare keyboard you can try?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Magic Mouse | Having probs with TC - should I return it? »