Angry Network Printer not working - Mountain Lion
    I am new to the Mac world - have been a PC user since the mid 1980's so please excuse any mistakes I make.

I have a brand new MacBook Pro with Mountain Lion on it. I have migrated all my stuff from the PC and also installed my printer. The printer is a networked HP 2015DN. I have been using it for many years - it works flawlessly. Except now! The printer is cable connected to my router (as is my MacBook Pro), there is an IBM Thinkpad on the network. When I installed the SW, I printed a test page and everything worked. I have been unable to print after that. Just a few minutes back I did print out a Safari article - I was getting a message 'unable to find the printer'. I went into Safari, keyed in the IP address and sure enough the printer shows up, I can check the settings, change them etc. Cycling the printer did help - it printed 4 pages, duplexed. Since then, I have tried printing a Word document as well as another Safari article. But nothing will print. I have cycled the printer off and on (something I never needed to do with Windows XP, or Windows 7). But the darn thing just will not print. Again, I can key in the IP address and 'manage' the printer.

Any thoughts / advice gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Specs:
    09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
    in finder does your printer show up under shared?
    Have you done a software update ?

It does not show up under shared. The only options I had were to show disk drives, ipods etc.

I did do a Software Update.

Specs:
    09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
    Connect it to the Mac using a USB and run software update then open preferences and see if your printer is listed then disconnect and set up wireless this has worked for me on HP,Epson ,Brother and Canon.

Thread Information