New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Network Printer not working - Mountain Lion

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sapper268

sapper268 is on a distinguished road

I am new to the Mac world - have been a PC user since the mid 1980's so please excuse any mistakes I make.

I have a brand new MacBook Pro with Mountain Lion on it. I have migrated all my stuff from the PC and also installed my printer. The printer is a networked HP 2015DN. I have been using it for many years - it works flawlessly. Except now! The printer is cable connected to my router (as is my MacBook Pro), there is an IBM Thinkpad on the network. When I installed the SW, I printed a test page and everything worked. I have been unable to print after that. Just a few minutes back I did print out a Safari article - I was getting a message 'unable to find the printer'. I went into Safari, keyed in the IP address and sure enough the printer shows up, I can check the settings, change them etc. Cycling the printer did help - it printed 4 pages, duplexed. Since then, I have tried printing a Word document as well as another Safari article. But nothing will print. I have cycled the printer off and on (something I never needed to do with Windows XP, or Windows 7). But the darn thing just will not print. Again, I can key in the IP address and 'manage' the printer.

Any thoughts / advice gratefully accepted.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

in finder does your printer show up under shared?
Have you done a software update ?
QUOTE Thanks
sapper268

sapper268 is on a distinguished road

It does not show up under shared. The only options I had were to show disk drives, ipods etc.

I did do a Software Update.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Connect it to the Mac using a USB and run software update then open preferences and see if your printer is listed then disconnect and set up wireless this has worked for me on HP,Epson ,Brother and Canon.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to use MBP with iMac using thunderbolt and windows parallels | what is up with apple »