New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Some benefits of upgrading your RAM.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

joeelectricity

joeelectricity is on a distinguished road

Hello, everybody.

I am here to give a short announcement about how much upgrading your RAM can help your computer. If you own an older mac, chances are, you have little RAM. My computer came with 2GB. As this computer got older, applications started requiring more RAM because of advancements in electronics. If you think your computer is running slow, or are using your laptop for school, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you upgrade. On a general basis, it is easy to install. You can get cheap RAM at RAM Memory Upgrade: Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq. USB drives, SSD at Crucial.com. On the Crucial website, you can scan your computer's tech specs. It will recommend a new RAM module, assuming you haven't already maxed out your RAM, and has a guaranteed compatibility if you scanned. Just to test how efficient my new RAM is, I opened up all the items on the dock. No slow, no crashes, no glitches. Seamless. 4GB of RAM is what I have installed, and my computer is never slow. Just a recommendation.

P.S.

RAM for iMac is much more expensive than MacBook models.

Signed,
joeelectricity

iOwn
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Thread moved to more appropriate sub-forum. Not a "Schweb's Lounge" topic.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacBook Stand | Canon Vixia Mountain Lion X »