New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

MicroSDHC Removable Drive Not Showing UP in Devices

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

EBryant

EBryant is on a distinguished road

Please forgive me if this isn't the correct forum, but I guessed that the USB reader containing my micro SDHC in its adapter is considered a peripheral.

Anyway, I'm trying to get my iMac running OS X Version 10.6.8 to recognize the micro SDHC card in its adapter in a card reader which is connected to a USB port but it doesn't appear anywhere. I read that if I open the Finder it should appear under Devices but it doesn't. I've turned the computer off and on with the reader plugged in and that doesn't help.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Probably a defective adapter. I've had nothing but difficulties with cheap adapters that are provided along with some Micro SDHC cards. I'm currently using an adapter by Sandisk which works well.
QUOTE Thanks
EBryant

EBryant is on a distinguished road

Thanks for replying. This is the second adapter and the second reader I've tried. The micro SDHC is a new Samsung Class 10 32GB card and was reformatted to the FAT32 I need in a friend's camera and it, too, is good.

Is there someplace else on the iMac that I should be able to find it besides in Devices or something I should do on the iMac to make it visible?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

The only thing I can suggest is to try the card and adapter on another computer, even a PC. My iMac has an SDHC reader built in but even with that I have had difficulty with some adapters.
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Did you make sure to check the "external disks" box in Finder Preferences in both the General and sidebar tabs?

Doug
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Canon Vixia Mountain Lion X | Batarang Wired Xbox 360 Controller »