New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Netgear g54 g111v3 and IMac G3

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Discoa

Discoa is on a distinguished road

I have an iMac g3 500mhz without an airport card, and i wanted wifi. Went out and bought a netgear g54 g111v3 usb wifi adapter, because it said it was for mac os 10.3 and up, for ten dollars and brought it home. I found the drivers online and installed it which gave me the Netgear WLAN Client Utility, it doesnt open when i click on it and i cannot see why. I have os 10.4 tiger running right now. Anyone want to help?
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I have never used that card with OSX but are you sure you have to use the utility and can't just use OSX to configure Wifi? Does the new card show up in airport in System Preferences? The driver is installed and not just a utility?

Check the 4th or 5th post down in this thread. They give a URL to the driver.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...howtopic=20198
QUOTE Thanks
Discoa

Discoa is on a distinguished road

Ah thank you dtravis! This looks like it might work. I will try it in the morn when I get back on.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I hope that does it for you. Please let us know. One thing about some Netgear and even Dlink WiFi cards and dongles, they change the chipset down the road making the original driver worthless. Lets hope yours has that Realtek chipset!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« cant unmount disk | seagate goflex question »