New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Bought an Apple Time Capsule

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Bamabww

Bamabww is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, bought February 2012

And got an email today that it would be delivered on the 14th. Looking forward to using it with Time Machine and hopefully a couple of Dell laptops the wife and daughter still use. I have over 2700 songs on ITunes and 140+ gb of photos that I want / need to back up. I've made it a practice to back-up my photos about once every 3 months or so by burning them to a DVD and then storing that in a fire-proof safe.

I haven't figured out how to gather the photos on my MBP the way I did with a PC. On the PC I could set the search parameters to find any photo made between a date, say January 31, 2012 and the present, and it would do so. I'd save those to a separate folder and then burn that folder to a DVD. After verifying the photos were indeed on the DVD, I'd delete that folder.

I'm sure there is a way to do the same thing on my MBP but haven't found it yet. So much to learn / play and so little time to do so.

Wayne
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamabww View Post
And got an email today that it would be delivered on the 14th. Looking forward to using it with Time Machine and hopefully a couple of Dell laptops the wife and daughter still use. I have over 2700 songs on ITunes and 140+ gb of photos that I want / need to back up. I've made it a practice to back-up my photos about once every 3 months or so by burning them to a DVD and then storing that in a fire-proof safe.

I haven't figured out how to gather the photos on my MBP the way I did with a PC. On the PC I could set the search parameters to find any photo made between a date, say January 31, 2012 and the present, and it would do so. I'd save those to a separate folder and then burn that folder to a DVD. After verifying the photos were indeed on the DVD, I'd delete that folder.

I'm sure there is a way to do the same thing on my MBP but haven't found it yet. So much to learn / play and so little time to do so.
Use Smart Album with Date parameters to select for export with iPhoto.

And, highly recommend you do your first Time Machine backup with a direct Ethernet Cable connection from your Time Capsule to your Mac(s).

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
Bamabww

Bamabww is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, bought February 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
Use Smart Album with Date parameters to select for export with iPhoto.

And, highly recommend you do your first Time Machine backup with a direct Ethernet Cable connection from your Time Capsule to your Mac(s).
OK, thanks for both suggestions.

Wayne
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Headphone port stopped working? | What BluRay drive to buy »