New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

CD Drive not burning "Smoothly"

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dtran086

dtran086 is on a distinguished road

This is quite hard to explain...but here goes...

Has anyone ever experienced a type of "delay/skip" when burning music to a CD on a mac? I don't use a specific program to burn music to a disc...I simply select the files, right-click and go to "burn items to disc..."

Here's how it plays out, the CD will begin to play like normal...the 1st track will finish and the disc moves onto 2nd track...in between the transition...the disc will play roughly about 2 seconds of the next track...then the music stops for about another 2 seconds...and then the 2nd track will play again from the beginning...It's like it "skips" or something for a bit...and then resumes....

It's NOT a scratched disc...and there was no bump to the device that may have caused the skip...It happens on ALL my music discs....

I'm hoping maybe someone else has experienced this...I know it's kind of a strange issue and it's quite difficult to explain...but maybe someone is able to understand what i'm trying to say.

If you have experienced this, is there a FIX? It's quite annoying...
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Does a standard 'shop-bought' CD play OK?

What app is playing the CDs?

Have you tried different makes of CDR?

Are you just burning MP3s

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
dtran086

dtran086 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrplow View Post
Does a standard 'shop-bought' CD play OK?

What app is playing the CDs?

Have you tried different makes of CDR?

Are you just burning MP3s
1. Yes, a genuine music CD plays just fine.

2. the CD is usually played in my car, but the same problems happen whenever i play it in a home theater system, another car, or any cd player.

3. It happens on ALL my disc types, CD-R, DVD-R, DVD+R.

4. Yes, I'm just burning music...as an audio cd or an mp3 cd.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Powerpoint second monitor help | What's a good game controller??? »