New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Changing name of music files from "Get Info"

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pchakra

pchakra is on a distinguished road

Hi I recently lost my external hard drive and the 6000 songs that were in there. I was able to restore them by following directions for copying music from my ipod. (This is the article if anyone needs it Copy Music From Your iPod to Your Mac). After copying, all the music files are labeled with gibberish, but the artists and titles are there when i click "get info." I was wondering if there was a way to have all the files relabeled as they are still there, and I want them organized on my computer. Thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Not without doing it manually. I've had the same thing happen with a 100 selection library and it took considerable time to re-do everything. I can't imagine how long it would take to do 6000 selections.

Perhaps someone else can come up with an idea or method to offer.
QUOTE Thanks
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

Hmm, try one of these
Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes ♫ File Renamer
Or Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes ♫ Filenames to Song Names v2.0

Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
QUOTE Thanks
pchakra

pchakra is on a distinguished road

Hii everyone I was able to get Irip after trying several different things, and it worked! Also, thank you to the above poster.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 3TB/2TB replacement drive assembly for WD My Book Thunderbolt Duo? | Which new printer should I buy to replace my dead Epson Stylus Color 850 ? »