Unhappy Second monitor isses
    Hi. I'm new to this forum and am just wondering if anyone else has had issues with a second monitor cutting in and out? I've been having this problem for almost 2 years and Apple doesn't seem to be able to sort it out!

Lake Mary, Florida
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Hi there. I went ahead and moved your post over to "Other Hardware and Peripherals", as opposed to "Apple News and Rumors" - please be sure to check the forum descriptions to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

North Louisiana, USA
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.10.2, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    Can you tell us a bit more detail about the situation? There could be any number of things causing the problem. Here's a few questions that occur to me:

1. What Mac model and monitor model are involved? Include the Mac's specs.
    2. What exactly happens when the monitor cuts out (all black, weird colors, etc)?
    3. What troubleshooting steps have you tried and what were the results? Example,tried different cable, connecting the monitor to a different computer, connecting the computer to a different monitor.
    Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Ha, just got iPhone back and able to retrieve emails. So..
    1) Imac 27" and 24" second monitor. Both bought from Apple together just under 2 years ago
    2) Both monitors cut to blue screen for a few seconds and then only iMac comes back in. This will then reverse, repeat, reverse etc until it gets bored with playing with me. It can go for days, weeks even without doing it and it can cut back and forth just a few times or repeatedly until I want to throw it out the window. It does appear to be more prone to the fault when cold (not exterior temperature, obviously)
    3) Repeated conversations with Applcare. Software uninstalled and re-installed. Diagnostics run. Both been back to workshop 4 times now and still thereafter 29 days.

Thread Information