New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Looking for a wireless keyboard with tactile keys?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dvdchance

dvdchance is on a distinguished road

Looking for any suggestions for a wireless keyboard that has keys like those from my 90's IBM keyboard. And that nice click too.

Does anything like this exist?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

I don't have an immediate suggestion for you...but remember that USB keyboards made for Windows computers will also work on a Mac.

So if you're having trouble finding a "Macintosh" keyboard with tactile keys...you could always use a keyboard made for Windows computers (MUCH larger selection).

Update...here's one...but pretty darn pricey!:

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Matias/FK302/

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

I actually had one that I bought for my Mac Mini but ended up replacing it with an Apple Wireless Keyboard (much better IMO, but everyone is different). Will try to remember who made it, and if I do will post back.

EDIT: I found it, but don't know if it is available anymore
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o03_s01_i00

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
dvdchance

Thanks for the replies.

I'm not looking for a Mac-specific keyboard, as the one I'm using now is a Windows keyboard.

Therre are many more Windows choices in tactile keyboards, like the DAS keyboard I saw an ad for in Mac life magazine, but they are all wired. I'd love to find a wireless version.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdchance View Post

Therre are many more Windows choices in tactile keyboards, like the DAS keyboard I saw an ad for in Mac life magazine, but they are all wired. I'd love to find a wireless version.
There are lots & lots & lots of websites that sell computer parts/devices...ESPECIALLY for Windows computers. I'm sure if you check them out...you will find something.

- Amazon.com
- Newegg.com
- Various office supply stores
- Best Buy
- Microcenter.com
- CDW
- etc. etc.

You just have to put in a bit of research time...and maybe some phone calls if the internet descriptions are not clear.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Have a look at Cherry keyboards. They're the closest match I know to the classic, weighs a tonne, IBM keyboards

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

EDIT: I should know not to post before my coffee kicks in . . .

I went to the site and looked, and found that this is a plug in, not wireless Keyboard. Leaving the link and info just in case anyone is interested in a mechanical key keyboard.

My Aug issue of MacWorld (electronic Subscription) arrived. In it is an advert for Tactile Keyboards.

The model in the ad was called the "tactile pro" and the company link was www.matias.ca

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
dvdchance

I'm a bit surprised at the lack of choice, as I thought it would be a nice niche item to have. I'm thinking that the keyboard manufactures feel that users of these keyboards will likely just leave them stationary on their desks so wired is preferred.

But I did find 1 model that is wireless.

Amazon.com: XArmor U9W 2.4 GHz RF wireless mechanical keyboard Cherry MX Brown: Computers & Accessories

It uses Cherry Brown switches rather then Black like I would have preferred, but at least it is out there.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« External Drive Vs. Internal Drive + Caddy | Hardware to Record phone calls »