New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Eyeball 2.0 webcam

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hschaars

hschaars is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac mini, 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor; 3MB shared L2 cache, 4GB of DDR3 SDRAM;320GB SATA

I have a MacMini running ver. 10.6.8. I have an Eyeball 2.0 webcam. I need to know why do my photos look like everything is a wax image. The image is not clear. Is there any way this could be corrected. I use the webcam with Photo Booth. Also, my photos are reversed. They should be flipped over as they are in the wrong direction.

I'm attaching a photo. This is how all my photos come out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo on 2012-06-18 at 06.02.jpg (103.6 KB, 8 views)
QUOTE Thanks
hschaars

Mac Specs: Mac mini, 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor; 3MB shared L2 cache, 4GB of DDR3 SDRAM;320GB SATA

I fixed the photo's mirror issue. That's OK now. I just need to know why my photos look so waxy.
QUOTE Thanks
hschaars

I'm thinking maybe I should buy a new webcam. I've seen a few Logitech webcams and was wondering which one would be a good one for me. I just can't stand the way my photos come out with my Blue Eyeball. The photos are so bad, I can't even post them to Facebook or email them

Thanks,
Helen
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

I agree. Your current webcam looks to me like it has very poor resolution. Only the more expensive webcams can approach the quality and resolution that you get with the iSight camera on the current iMac line. A high resolution web cam is going to cost more.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help With External HDD not showing up | bluetooth mouse randomly disconnects »