New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

IMac Disc Drive

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

golden_eagle

golden_eagle is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" Screen 2560x1440, 3.1 Ghz Quad Core Intel, 4Gb of 1333Mhz SD RAM, 1TB HDD, Wireless K

Hi All
Thought I would share with you.....I have an iMac 27" model. I put a CD in today containing photos sent to me from a family member. It has a self-made sticky label on it....and I couldn't eject it (the label had come away at one corner & was stuck to 'some part' of the drive)...nightmare!!
I trawled Google and came up with a video on UTube.....2 credit cards with double sided sticky tape on .....push 1 in to the CD slot, then the other and force them together.......and the disc came out, like in the middle of a sandwich.

Glad to report, no apparent damage to the drive.

Lesson learnt......watch out for sticky labels!!
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS X.10

Too late now but do not use inkjet labels on any slot loading DVR. Strictly for tray loaders only.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
golden_eagle

golden_eagle is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" Screen 2560x1440, 3.1 Ghz Quad Core Intel, 4Gb of 1333Mhz SD RAM, 1TB HDD, Wireless K

Aye, like I said, a lesson learnt....nearly the hard way!!

But I was impressed with the guy in the video coming up with that solution

If what is said is not what is meant....
.....Then what should be done remains undone
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« LG D2342 3D monitor and thunderbolt.. | More than 4gb ram in Macbook »