New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Taking "freehand" notes on your MBP

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

newmanm

newmanm is on a distinguished road

Hey Guys! {a repost from the applications forum - both are related}

So I'm starting school this August and something that I really need is the ability to annotate documents and other "free-hand" functions in my mac. I was at one point considering one of those convertible laptops but I couldn't let go of my MBP . So what options are there for me to do this?

Specifically I need to know what is the best hardware to use (i.e. a tablet or a drawing tablet, or a pen, or anything else)?

Also, what applications would be essential to allow me to do this?

Just for ideas, I was thinking of getting an iPad at one point but thinking about it now - I'm not sure that would even help (I don't think I can attach it to my mac and use it as an input method)?

What do you guys suggest. I don't mind spending a little more because I don't want a low-end, cheap model or application. Ill be using this for many years so I want something quality.

I appreciate any suggestions and tips.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MAC Partitions | A problem with an external monitor- please help »