New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

How long is cord on USB keyboard?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Lastmboy

Lastmboy has a spectacular aura about

Can anyone tell me how long the usb cord is on the iMac usb keyboard? I'm trying to decided between the wired and wireless, and the cord length might make a difference, as it would have to run under my desk, then up and back to the iMac.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Basically any USB keyboard will work and they are handy to have for troubleshooting. But, if you already have one go wireless. The Mac wireless keyboard is great.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastmboy View Post
Can anyone tell me how long the usb cord is on the iMac usb keyboard? I'm trying to decided between the wired and wireless, and the cord length might make a difference, as it would have to run under my desk, then up and back to the iMac.
The newest Apple USB keyboards have a cable that I think is only around 3 feet long (I'm actually using one right now). If you needed something longer...I believe is/was a 3 foot extension cable. In the older days...the cable on Apple USB keyboards was longer.

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Lastmboy

Lastmboy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
Basically any USB keyboard will work and they are handy to have for troubleshooting. But, if you already have one go wireless. The Mac wireless keyboard is great.
I already have a wireless Apple keyboard that I use with my iPad (when I need it). So, I was thinking maybe I should get the wired one with the iMac. I have the lowered shelf on my desk for my keyboard, which would make it really awkward to run the USB cable to the iMac, unless it was long enough to go underneath to the back, then back to the iMac on top (and it sounds like it's not long enough for that). However, as you point out, the wireless one is pretty cool, and it might make sense to be using the same keyboards everywhere (since I believe the layout on the MacBooks is the same, and I might end up getting one of those, too). I haven't decided whether I'll miss the keypad and whether the arrow keys on the wireless one would drive me nuts. I imagine I can probably adapt. I'm really tempted to go wireless and then physically attach a touchpad to it. From the little bit of time I've spent using a touchpad, it seems like the way to go (for me). Drag-and-drop might take some practice, but it sure seems nice for navigating around.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« made a mistake in buying a LG 55lm7600 smart TV! | what TV is most compatible with Lion? »