05-06-2012, 11:56 AM #1
Looking for A New Printer -Any Suggestions?
- Member Since
- Nov 30, 2010
- 13" Macbook 1gb ram; 320gb hd iPhone 4s 16gb iPod Nano 16gb iPod Mini 6gb
We've been limping by without a scanner-copier-combo for a while now, but our old HP wireless 6980 seems to have printed its last; so now we must act. Is there a good wireless, mac-compatible printer/scanner/copier out there that you like? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
05-06-2012, 12:22 PM #2
- Member Since
- Feb 28, 2010
- Hamilton, Ontario
- 21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini
Of course it is all about what you intend to do with the printer.
Without naming a specific printer, I would suggest you give serious consideration to the following features:
- Airprint if you have any iOS devices
- Give yourself plenty of connection options i.e. Ethernet, Wireless and USB
- Stick with Name Brands as you will be ensured that they are supported with ongoing driver updates.
- Most of todays printers will work with both Windows and Mac OS but it is worth double checking before purchasing
- Do not get hung up on or put emphasis on the printer having Internet Connectivity as I still cannot think of a "Use Case" for that feature
I am currently using an HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus and it provides all of the above features and it is a Colour All-In-One unit. So far it has been great and have not found any issues with it.
05-06-2012, 12:48 PM #3
- Member Since
- Jul 24, 2008
- MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I'm using an Epson Workforce 845 right now. <3 To death. Does everything except make me breakfast.
Scanner, Fax, double sided printing, Wireless printing, and wireless scanning (best feature ever!). The only downside is it is kind of big.死神はリンゴしか食べない。
05-06-2012, 01:02 PM #4
I have a Brother HL-2280 printer. It's a wireless printer (two-sided printing), scans, photocopies, and basically "it just works"!
This is not as simple as it may sound. My main goal was a wireless printer. I tried two other wireless printers (which were supposed to be Macintosh compatible AND easy to setup). But long story short...I couldn't get either of these first two printers to work (spent hours trying to set them up & work without success). Both printers were returned (another hassle). One of them was a Samsung, I don't remember the other brand.
The 3rd printer (the Brother HL-2280) was easy & quick to set up...and has worked great ever since. This was a $200 printer that got on sale for $99 bucks.
Good luck with the search,
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Jerichoa in forum Other Hardware and PeripheralsReplies: 6Last Post: 06-29-2010, 12:31 PM
By Qua Sar in forum Other Hardware and PeripheralsReplies: 4Last Post: 07-23-2009, 06:48 PM
By peerless in forum Community Suggestions and FeedbackReplies: 3Last Post: 09-27-2006, 03:04 PM
By djmitch in forum Other Hardware and PeripheralsReplies: 3Last Post: 12-24-2005, 04:49 PM
By october in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 10Last Post: 06-10-2005, 12:31 PM