New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Computers problem.... Going crazy?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

wanyouour

wanyouour is on a distinguished road

Long story.... had an old Mac G3 Panther that more or less died.... Some one gave me a Dell D630 that worked fine once I got used to Windows... Recently the Dell died (boots but screen stays dark grey) Friend fixed it ( for about 24h) then the screen did the same thing ( friends on holiday now)
I have seen the same Dell 2nd hand for about 250 euros.... Should I buy the Dell or go for a 2nd hand Mac at 600+ Euros. Problem is that I love Mac and have all my old apps backed up on a ExtHHD but for the moment I cant really afford it. Or should I go for the Dell and wait until I have enough money to buy a decent Mac.... For the moment I've managed to get my G3 sort of working but its real slow.... BUT I have all my recent files, photos and music on the broke DELL... that still boots ( windows music + flashing HD light) so I assume the HD is still ok... Is there a Cable to transfer all that stuff ( apps included) from DELL 1 to DELL 2 ? This is all so complicated I don't really expect and answer...but who knows... thanks anyway
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4

You are right it is complicated.

At the end of the day it is your money so purchase what you can afford.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New / old battery | FireWire 800 HDD or wait for thunderbolt... »