New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

has your pro mouse quit? Look!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jasonr

Did your pro mouse fail b/c the wire that comes out of it is crimped? It is crimped b/c of the way they wrapped it for shipping. It has been bent to the side and fixed there. It was going to fail all along.

Please file a complaint at www.bbb.org against:
Apple Computer, Inc.
2911 Laguna Blvd.
Elk Grove, CA United States 95758
(800)776-2333
apple.com

Consumers must make Apple admit and right this problem.
This is my complaint lodged yesterday:

COMPLAINT INFORMATION:

Complaint #: 1290***
Complaint Type: General Complaint (not a car maker)
Date Received: 11/17/2003
Primary Complaint Classification: Product Quality
Secondary Complaint Classification: Guarantee or Warranty Issues
Complaint:
The apple pro mouse was packaged tightly, with a crimp in the USB wire, where it comes out of the mouse.
As I have read in the apple support forum, these mice as mine did, break at that crimp and render the mouse useless.
As the problem with this mouse originates with the manufacturer's packing practice, I would've hoped to see a recall on them.
At the very least, replace mine with a non defective one for a $10 to $15 fee, being out of warranty.
I didn't expect to hear "I've been here a long time and have never heard of this problem" when I know by testimonials that they are destined to break and many have.
Desired Settlement: Replacement
Settlement Explanation:
As I have used the mouse for just over a year and a new one is $49, I would like a new one, without the packaging defect, for $10 to $15.
Customer Service Rep: Mr. Warranty support
Product or Service: 7/12/02
Model Number: M8705LL/A powermac G4
Account Number:
Order Number:
Salesperson:
Payment Made:
Purchase Price: 1295
Disputed Amount: 50
Payment Method:
Purchase Date: 6/12/2002
Problem Date: 6/12/2003
Complaint Dates: 6/14/2003, 11/17/2003

Do it please!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

? I have no problem with my apple pro mouse.
QUOTE Thanks
jasonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphite
? I have no problem with my apple pro mouse.
Apple has since corected the problem. proving they know it exists.
You're lucky not to have the crimped wire mouse or do you?
If so, it's only a matter of time.
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Yes, I have a crimped wire mouse, and no I do not believe it is a matter of time. I am an optimist, and I believe that I will be one of those 70% that will live a life full of happy macintosh memories.
QUOTE Thanks
jasonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphite
Yes, I have a crimped wire mouse, and no I do not believe it is a matter of time. I am an optimist, and I believe that I will be one of those 70% that will live a life full of happy macintosh memories.
Well, if it does and you get the same treatment as the rest of us who's mouse has failed, I hope you will do right by the consumers and file a complaint.

Remember, those hair sized wires are now very weak at the bend. Have a back-up mouse at the ready if you need to.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Won't wake from sleep | My DSL modem keeps dying, help? »