New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Smart/eID card reader Dectel does not show up

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rvanlier

rvanlier is on a distinguished road

Good afternoon,

I just bought a Smart Card Reader (Dectel CI692), for being able to read my eID card and work with some regulatory applications in Belgium.

The eID program available on eid.belgium.be runs the first part, installing application elements correctly but then, when the installation program asks for connecting the reader, I connect, but the reader is never detected, and the installation programs hangs there, stupidly waiting for a detection that does not come...

I would expect Mac OS to detect the reader, but it does not... Then, I guess I should install some Dectel Driver, but I can't find any for Mac OS X (I'm running Lion).

Anyone got a clue on what to do??

Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
Axt

Axt is on a distinguished road

Tried everything possible and since I Installed the Realtek drivers from this source it works:
Realtek

see Vendor ID under USB in the hardware info: "Vendor ID: 0x0bda (Realtek Semiconductor Corp.)"

Hope this helps you too!
QUOTE Thanks
Oldario

Oldario is on a distinguished road

I had exactly the same problem as rvanlier. I tried the solution proposed by Axt and it works perfectly well ! You have to download the "USB smart card reader patch for Mac OS X" under the section "other".
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Life expectancy of SSDs vs HDs | Advice »