AirPort Constantly Needs Reset
    I've got an AirPort Extreme base station that has been particularly troublesome in recent times...

I'll wake up a Mac and find it can't connect to my wireless network, giving me a timeout error. The base station needs to be reset by unplugging and replugging the power cord. This is not limited to any one computer.

This has been a problem off and on with this base station for years, but it seems I have to reset it every day now, sometimes more than once. Any ideas?
    Education is life.

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Baret View Post
    I've got an AirPort Extreme base station that has been particularly troublesome in recent times...

I'll wake up a Mac and find it can't connect to my wireless network, giving me a timeout error. The base station needs to be reset by unplugging and replugging the power cord. This is not limited to any one computer.

This has been a problem off and on with this base station for years, but it seems I have to reset it every day now, sometimes more than once. Any ideas?
    Well...I had the same problem with a different brand router (which is really all an AEBS is...it's just a fancy Apple router).

Just like you...my computers would loose WiFi signal...so I had to unplug & plug back in the router to reset itself. Then WiFi signal would be fine for a variable period of time...then I would have to do it again. I did this for years...assuming it was issues with my cable company (ISP).

Eventually I purchased a new router...and everything has been fine for at least the past 12-18 months. So long story short...maybe it's time for a new router (if you're situation is the same as mine was).

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

I was afraid of the router needing replaced. Of course, it has given me six years of service. Looks like I'll be picking one up on Friday.
    Education is life.

Thread Information