New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

AIRPORT EXPRESS: Extending a Wireless Network

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

slim91

slim91 is on a distinguished road

Hi!

I have 2 Airport Expresses. The first is an Airport Express 802.11g and the other one is the newest one (Airport Express 802.11n). I want to be able to set up my Airport 802.11n as the main base station connected via ethernet cable and use the second Airport 802.11g as a relay or remote station to extend my current network wirelessly.

I've already read the forums and followed these instructions in setting up a main and relay station: https://discussions.apple.com/thread...22028&tstart=0.

After doing this though, both units were flashing amber and none of them would let me connect to the internet anymore since it said there was an "error with WDS participation".

How do I solve this error? Can someone please give me detailed step-by-step instructions on how I should fix this?

Thank you so much,

Slim

:bomb:
QUOTE Thanks
slim91

slim91 is on a distinguished road

Hi!

I have 2 Airport Expresses. The first is an Airport Express 802.11g and the other one is the newest one (Airport Express 802.11n). I want to be able to set up my Airport 802.11n as the main base station connected via ethernet cable and use the second Airport 802.11g as a relay or remote station to extend my current network wirelessly.

I've already read the forums and followed these instructions in setting up a main and relay station: https://discussions.apple.com/thread...22028&tstart=0.

After doing this though, both units were flashing amber and none of them would let me connect to the internet anymore since it said there was an "error with WDS participation".

How do I solve this error? Can someone please give me detailed step-by-step instructions on how I should fix this?

Thank you so much,

Slim

:bomb:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Question on external hard disks | Print not centering »