Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Other Hardware and Peripherals (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/other-hardware-peripherals/)
-   -   Does Mac Mini Work With Windows 7 Laptop? (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/other-hardware-peripherals/264011-does-mac-mini-work-windows-7-laptop.html)

wellerrocks 01-18-2012 02:01 PM

Does Mac Mini Work With Windows 7 Laptop?

Hi guys just wondering if the Mac Mini works with Windows 7 Laptop + what does it do? :P

circa_bc 01-18-2012 02:06 PM

Any chance you could be more specific? What exactly are you trying to do with the Mac Mini and the Windows 7 Laptop? Or are you looking to install Windows 7 on a mac mini?

wellerrocks 01-18-2012 02:09 PM

Well I was thinking because i want a mac air but they are really expensive which means i have to save for like another month or 2, so i want to turn my windows 7 into mac layout, dekstop and so on - using mac mini. Is this possible on a Windows 7 i5 64-bit???

Dysfunction 01-18-2012 02:11 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by "turn my windows 7 into mac". Are you looking to run Windows 7 on a Mini (which will work via bootcamp), or what?

wellerrocks 01-18-2012 02:13 PM

Basically yes, on my windows 7 is mac mini compatible?? if so what does it do???
I cant find any info anywhere else... + im not too much of a techno wiz :)

circa_bc 01-18-2012 02:13 PM

I take it your looking to Run OSX on a current laptop thats running Windows 7?

wellerrocks 01-18-2012 02:16 PM

lol yes, thats what i was trying to say cuz i love they way mac runs and looks compared too windows 7 + would i be better of getting a macbook or mac air than mac mini?
So when i have the basic windows 7 toolbar n stuff this will make it into a dock with amber green and red lights at top of windows..?

pigoo3 01-18-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wellerrocks (Post 1357363)
Basically yes, on my windows 7 is mac mini compatible?? if so what does it do???
I cant find any info anywhere else... + im not too much of a techno wiz :)

I would suggest not referring to "Windows 7" like it's a physical piece of hardware. Windows 7 is OS software...a Mac-mini is a computer. All you have to say is..."Will Windows 7 run on a Mac-mini?"...which I think has already been answered (yes it will).

Of course I'm confused by the question..."What does it do?"...Do you mean the Mac-mini?. If so...it does what all other computers do...it's just a small form-factor computer that you plug a monitor into...and use a keyboard & mouse with.

- Nick

pigoo3 01-18-2012 02:24 PM

I would also suggest...if your only goal is to run Windows 7 on a Mac-Mini (or other Macintosh computer model)...then just buy another Windows computer...you don't really need a Mac.:)

- Nick

wellerrocks 01-18-2012 02:25 PM

ok thnx

Dysfunction 01-18-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by circa_bc (Post 1357365)
I take it your looking to Run OSX on a current laptop thats running Windows 7?

Yea, we don't really discuss Hackintoshes here, as it's a violation of the EULA.

dekan 01-18-2012 02:32 PM

It looks like the MBA's will be updated within the next few months (rumor has it...). So it might be worth waiting for those 2 months anyway, save more money and go for the real deal. I doubt any PC running OSX would give you the actual Mac experience.

wellerrocks 01-18-2012 02:32 PM

Hackintoshes? Ok all i wanted to know was if i buy a mac mini and connect it to my windows 7 i5 64-bit laptop will it work? If so what does it do? I dont want to get into running some illegal stuff its a yes or no question, if yes tell me what it does... simple

circa_bc 01-18-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysfunction (Post 1357373)
Yea, we don't really discuss Hackintoshes here, as it's a violation of the EULA.

Really? Even if you pay for the OS system?

Dysfunction 01-18-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by circa_bc (Post 1357378)
Really? Even if you pay for the OS system?

From the EULA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple EULA
you are granted a limited, non-exclusive license to install, use and run one (1) copy of the Apple Software on a single Apple-branded computer at any one time. For example, these standard single-copy license terms apply to you if you obtained the Apple Software preinstalled on Apple- branded hardware.