New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Skullcandy Headphones Warranty?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Kaioshoryuken1

Kaioshoryuken1 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook Pro 500GB OS10.7.2 i5, 4G 32GB iPod Touch

I didn't know where else to put this, since Skullcandy isn't an apple product. Mods, feel free to move this if you want

I bought my Skullcandy Uprock over the ear headphones at Best Buy on Dec. 7. I've had them 5 weeks. I started having a shortage problem a couple of days ago where the sound isn't reaching the ears of the head phones and keeps cutting in and out when the cord moves at the jack. This is horrible, because I use my iPod Touch at least 12 hours a day, at most, though these headphones weren't used nearly at all for about two weeks when I was on winter break with my family from school. Yesterday, the problem got worse, and at first the sound was only cutting out the left ear, now it's cutting out on both, so no sound at times.

I placed an online RMA request with Skullcandy and I went to the USPS and UPS store to ship my headphones. I wound up taking them back, because I paid $30 bucks for these things, and UPS ground was $15, USPS was like $12 after tax with Priority mail. These things are pretty large, but extremely lightweight.

Does anyone know if Skullcandy sends shipping labels for warranty returns? I'd call them, but I really don't know where my cell phone is.... and I'm not at home.

As expensive as the shipping costs are, is it worth sending them in? I'm really bummed. I could just buy a new pair for 17 dollars on Amazon... but risk the same problem happening again. Then I'd be out 47 bucks...

and my Sony fashion buds don't sound as good. That's what I get for having a 9.99 backup pair...
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

I had to return Skullcandy earbuds once. I found a form on their website, they sent me return labels and sent me a new pair for free. Take a look at the info here.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Kaioshoryuken1

Yeah, I filled out the RMA form, and it just gave me the address to ship it to. They didn't send me labels or say they were going to at all for my headphones. I've also read the link you provided me a thousand times, and there isn't really any answer there. Thanks though! How long ago did you need to return your earbuds? And were they just purchased? Because my headphones are 5 weeks old from Best buy, I'm worried that they won't send me a shipping label.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

To be fair, I did go through all of this about 3.5 years ago. Give them a call - you'll probably have better luck talking to an agent.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Kaioshoryuken1

Thanks, I will later when I get home, or Tomorrow if the offices are closed by the time I get back, which they probably will. I usually don't leave my college campus till about 11pm, lol.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 3G data card problems | Hybrid SSD »