New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Canon MX 330 S/W Won't Open Properly

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mitchleeny

mitchleeny is on a distinguished road

I've owned a Canon MX330 for about a year. It has always worked fine. Until now, when I try to open the MX Navigator app, it hangs.

Did everything Canon told me to do, deleted all sorts of files, downloaded the SW and drivers from their website, reloaded, restarted, etc. etc. and I still have the same problem.

The printer works fine (i.e I can print from any other programs) and I can use the scanner with the OS Print & Fax function from System Preferences, but I can't open the Canon SW Navigator package itself.

Ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Are you using Lion? The Canon MP Navigator app doesn't seem to work with Lion even though the scanner driver is installed. I have a feeling that Canon needs to provide an updated driver.

Mine likewise gives me an error and tells me I need to install the scanner driver when it's already installed. Since I don't use the scanner portion of the printer, I haven't pursued it.
QUOTE Thanks
mitchleeny

mitchleeny is on a distinguished road

No...my OS is 10.6.8.

Canon stopped communicating with me after I told 'em I was going to just use up the ink and buy a new printer.
QUOTE Thanks
RustProofCorn

RustProofCorn has a spectacular aura about

#1 my cannon navigator works just fine in Lion. Altho i did have navigator installed before upgrading to Lion. not sure if this made a difference.

and #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchleeny View Post
No...my OS is 10.6.8.

Canon stopped communicating with me after I told 'em I was going to just use up the ink and buy a new printer.
lol thats why i treat all these companies how i would like to get treated and all that.

good luck and welcome to the forums.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Internet Access of Airport Disk - Two Routers | my book studio not spinning up »