New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Thunderbolt Display Ports dead!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jotaga

Jotaga is on a distinguished road

Hi,

My Thunderbolt display does not recognize any peripheral connected to the usb ports, after 2 months working perfectly with my MBP. I have updated all the software and firmware.

In the ports I have: apple keyboard, external hd (gforce, working w/ time machine) and I pad.

If I disconnect Thunderbolt cable, the power light in the external HD goes ON. Really strange, it seems all is inverted.

Thanks for your help,

Jotaga
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Have you completely powered it off and removed the power source? If so, my next stop would be Apple support. For a grand, I'd have an awful high level of expectations for that monitor.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
ruralvoice

ruralvoice is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotaga View Post
Hi,

My Thunderbolt display does not recognize any peripheral connected to the usb ports, after 2 months working perfectly with my MBP. I have updated all the software and firmware.

In the ports I have: apple keyboard, external hd (gforce, working w/ time machine) and I pad.

If I disconnect Thunderbolt cable, the power light in the external HD goes ON. Really strange, it seems all is inverted.

Thanks for your help,

Jotaga
I had a somewhat similar problem with my Thunderbolt Display connected to my MacBook Pro Retina. It turned out to be a problem in the Thunderbolt portion of the display's "All-on-One" cable (that has the power and thunderbolt connectors). I bypassed the Thunderbolt All-in-One by unplugging it from the computer (leaving the power connector plugged in). I then plugged in a regular Thunderbolt cable between the computer and the empty Thunderbolt port on the display. This resolved the issues and I had full control via external keyboard/mouse and also the sound and camera on the display responded correctly. This meant that the All-in-One cable from the display or the electronics in the display leading up to that cable was faulty.

In my case the display was under warranty and Apple replaced the display. All is well now. I think they may have had some issues with early produced cables. Don't know for sure.

Perhaps this might assist you.

Barry
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Airport Extreme setup help needed. | Macintosh Classic Sound Issues »