New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Mac Mini sound working through HDMI, not anymore

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

s_richard

s_richard is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

About six months ago i upgraded my whole setup, new macbook pro & new tv, I also bought a mac-mini as I stream heaps of stuff & like to watch it on the big screen.

When I bought everything it worked fine, however, these days when I plug my macbook into my mac mini & into my tv the picture works fine but the sound doesn't. Under sound settings it recognises my tv but simply says "the selected device has no output controls" & the sound comes out of the computer's speakers. I've played around with my midi settings but to no avail. I've searched for solutions on forums for ages but can't find a solution. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated...

I have a 2011 macbook pro & my TV is a Sharp Aquos LC40LE700X. The mac mini details i'm not sure of but it's about six months old
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Access Time Capsule | need help with monitor »