Mouse Recommendation?
    Can anyone recommend a good mouse for my new iMac? The Magic Mouse was pokey, even when I used terminal to speed it up. I'm looking for faster, more accurate, currently using an old Logic USB mouse. I've been checking out the Logitech V440 and the Swirli-something ergonomic mouse.

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by JacksonRR1 View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good mouse for my new iMac? The Magic Mouse was pokey, even when I used terminal to speed it up. I'm looking for faster, more accurate, currently using an old Logic USB mouse. I've been checking out the Logitech V440 and the Swirli-something ergonomic mouse.
    The best mouse I can reccomend is the Magic TrackPad.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
    TrackPad is not a mouse. It is a nice piece of hardware, but I would not use it for most of what I do.

I have a Logitech G700 gaming mouse that I use most of the time. I have a piece of software on my MPB that allows me to utilize all the buttons since it isnt supported natively by OSX. I cannot remember the name for the life of me, but I bet someone here knows.

If I were to go and purchase a new mouse today? Razor Mamba - it is natively supported by OSX.
    Razer Mamba - Wireless Gaming Mouse | Razer Online Store
    MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
    MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
    iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Air 2 128 GB LTE, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    The best mouse I can reccomend is the Magic TrackPad.
    Must be me, but mine lasted two days before I returned it. Hard to teach old dogs (me) new Magic tricks.... Still using my old trusty Logitech.

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    I agree that a TrackPad is not a mouse (answer was meant tongue in cheek--sort of). Having said that, I am not a gamer and two buttons have always been more than enough for me, I haven't voluntarily used a mouse since I got my TrackPad.

I know it isn't for everyone, but it is my reccomendation.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
    Even so, but I still don't want a trackpad for video/photo editing. The exception being a pen interface like the Wacom tablets.
    MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
    MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
    iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Air 2 128 GB LTE, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2

Specs:
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    Trackpad here too I have to say. I hate using a mouse now.
    That said, for your intended useage, then Logitech make some of the better ones for sure.
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

Thanks for the input, folks.

Specs:
    2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
    My old Logitech mouse finally broken on me after many years of usage. I decided to get the Logitech M500 corded mouse and have been very satisfied with it so far. I tend to prefer corded mouses. I don't have to deal with batteries.

I only use it as a basic mouse so I haven't installed the software it needs for all the fancy buttons. I know I could've bought a cheap basic mouse but the ergonomics and better precision in laser accuracy is a benefit to this mouse in comparison. It was worth it for me.

I guess what I'm looking for is reassurance that a mouse will track quickly and accurately, as well as scroll smoothly and accurately.

I loved scrolling with no wheel on the Magic Mouse, but I was shocked that it was so slow and sluggish despite my manually setting the scaling in Terminal. I would've thought Apple would make the best mouse for a Mac, and here I am going back to the ugly gray Logitech. :-)

Specs:
    2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
    Quote Originally Posted by JacksonRR1 View Post
    I guess what I'm looking for is reassurance that a mouse will track quickly and accurately, as well as scroll smoothly and accurately.

I loved scrolling with no wheel on the Magic Mouse, but I was shocked that it was so slow and sluggish despite my manually setting the scaling in Terminal. I would've thought Apple would make the best mouse for a Mac, and here I am going back to the ugly gray Logitech. :-)
    My Logitech M500 tracks quickly and accurately enough for me. I have noticed that each mouse has it's own tracking speeds. I've used three different mouse and they all had a different tracking speed even though they were at the same settings.

The other thing I like about the M500 is that it has a smooth scroll feature that can be turned off and on with a button. This means I can scroll up and down quickly by just flicking the wheel. When I want more precise and slow scrolling I just click the button and scroll like normal. That's probably not what you are looking for but I thought I would mention it because it's a nice feature.

Specs:
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckyon View Post
    Even so, but I still don't want a trackpad for video/photo editing. The exception being a pen interface like the Wacom tablets.
    Actually, being a Wacom user.. I can state that if I can't use the Wacom, I use the trackpad. I HATE using mice for this type of work, it's sooooo counter-intuitive.

That said, neither even come close to the tablet for functionality anyway. Period.
    mike
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

Thread Information