New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Backing up an external hard drive

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Rock Chick Sybi

Rock Chick Sybi is on a distinguished road

I have 300GB Iomega firewire drive that I has my working files on it. I work off of it at home with my G5 and take it with me every day when using my Macbook Pro laptop so it does a lot of traveling. I would like to make a back-up copy of the entire drive. I have SuperDuper and a 1TB drive that I use to backup my G5 and I thought I would be able to select the Iomega drive and copy the files to one of the empty partitions on that drive but the Iomega drive is not available in the drop down menu to copy. What is the best way to copy these files to the 1TB drive? Drag and drop, in my past experience, has not worked, it usually has some error and stops.
I've Googled this but don't really find a good solution. Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Misty
QUOTE Thanks
McBie

McBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2013 MBA 13" - 10.9.5 & iPad - iOS 5.1

I am not sure, but there is a difference in the versions of SuperDuper!.... there is a free version and a paid version.
I am using the paid version and have no problems backing up an external disk to another external disk.
Not much of a help I know, but it is all I can think off for the moment.

Cheers ... McBie

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude towards the problem. You understand ?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 13" MB 2.4 RAM update...8GB? | Thunderbolt -> external monitor »