Unhappy Drag & Drop problems
    I have a Mac OSX Lion 10.7.2
    I am trying to drag and drop files (photo and music) from my memory stick to my external hard drive. The files on my memory stick were original created on a Windows PC. However, the drag and drop does not work. I have no problem drag and dropping into iTunes or iPhoto but not between the two external systems. The same goes when I try to transfer files from iPhoto to external hard drive or memory stick.
    Can anyone help???

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulc130 View Post
    I have a Mac OSX Lion 10.7.2
    I am trying to drag and drop files (photo and music) from my memory stick to my external hard drive. The files on my memory stick were original created on a Windows PC. However, the drag and drop does not work. I have no problem drag and dropping into iTunes or iPhoto but not between the two external systems. The same goes when I try to transfer files from iPhoto to external hard drive or memory stick.
    Can anyone help???
    How are the HD and Memory Stick formatted?

If they are FAT32 you can read and write to them from your PC and your Mac. But if either is formatted to NTFS then your Mac will be able to read but not write to the drive.
    To write to NTFS formatted drives on your Mac you would have to get a third party package such as this one from Paragon.
    PARAGON Software Group - NTFS for Mac, communication channel between Mac OS X and Windows
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Thanks Razormac, will give this a try tomorrow when I have more time and will let you know how I get on.

I have installed the free 10 day trial of this and it requires a product key and serial number. I've followed the installation guide to obtain these (click on 'buy' to direct to website for these) and they don't seem to be provided.
    Any ideas how I can get this up and running?

Thread Information