Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Samsung Products 3 Strikes
    Well this is a bit of a success story post...and a bit of a rant!

Firstly...if I can avoid it...Samsung products (of any sort) will no longer be crossing the threshold of my home!!! Why?...3 strikes & you're out!

- Strike #1: Samsung monitors & Macintosh computers don't seem to "play well"...as reported by many knowledgeable folks here on Mac-Forums.
    - Strike #2: I HATE my Samsung 52" big screen plasma TV (ghost images & image retention issues).
    - Strike #3: Couple weeks ago I purchased a wireless Samsung laser printer (finally trying to go wireless with the home printer). After hours & hours of trying to get it to work...nothing but frustration!!! Had to return it (more frustration)...and yes...it was supposed to be Macintosh compatible.

Success Story: Yesterday I received a Brother wireless laser printer I ordered...and set it up this morning. I followed the instructions to the letter (just like with the Samsung printer)...and it worked the first time! 15-20 minutes of setup...and I'm printing wirelessly!!! No more walking up & down the basement stairs (where the wireless router is located) to pick up my print jobs!

Yeyyy,

- Nick

p.s. FYI...it is a Brother HL-2280DW laser printer. It prints, scans, and photocopies...AND is does duplex (two-sided) printing. Got it for $99 bucks (free shipping).

p.p.s. Yes I realize that there are MANY folks out there that have had success with Samsung products (somebody has to...otherwise Samsung would be out of business)! I'm only reporting the unfortunate experiences I have had.
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
    I will say out of all the big screen installations we have had more Samsungs with failed power supplies and when you open them up its most always bargain basement caps that are swollen or leaking. But the picture does look nice when working just prefer Panasonics Plasmas for the best picture but if there is no budget then the new
    Elite from Pioneer/Sharp team is without a doubt eye candy with a heathy price tag
    expensive and more expensive in other words a 60 and 70 are the only sizes currently.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    Back in my military days stationed in Korea, Samsung was top of the line and made right there. Never had a problem with any of their products. Nowadays, everything that Samsung makes is outsourced to China and other third world countries. Very poor quality control.

Having said that, I've got two Samsung monitors here that work just great.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Having said that, I've got two Samsung monitors here that work just great.
    I can't remember exactly why a bunch of folks on Mac-Forums were writing that they had problems with Samsung products & computers. It was either resolution issues when plugging the Samsung monitor directly into the computer (laptop & Samsung external display)...or it was problems plugging in a Mac-mini or laptop into a big screen Samsung TV...and having problems.

I just remember a bunch of threads where folks were having issues with Samsung & their computers (more than other brands).

- Nick

p.s. Ahn yohng hah sae yoh (Anya haseyo)...2nd version easier to pronounce.
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    +1 on the Brother Wireless Printer

I have a HL-2170w that works quite well (other than a temporary problem with drivers during the Lion update).
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
    I can't remember exactly why a bunch of folks on Mac-Forums were writing that they had problems with Samsung products & computers. It was either resolution issues when plugging the Samsung monitor directly into the computer (laptop & Samsung external display)...or it was problems plugging in a Mac-mini or laptop into a big screen Samsung TV...and having problems.

I just remember a bunch of threads where folks were having issues with Samsung & their computers (more than other brands).

- Nick

p.s. Ahn yohng hah sae yoh (Anya haseyo)...2nd version easier to pronounce.
    The sad part is at one time I thought they made the screens for Apple now
    I believe its LG.

Specs:
    Imac 27", i7 3.5GHz, 3TB Fusion drive, 32GB memory, macOS Sierra.
    And for another strike, Nick, never ever buy a Samsung camera. Last one I purchased simply refused to work and here am I stuck in the middle of the Grand Canyon, Death Valley and the Painted Desert without a functioning camera.

Reckon Samsung owe me another trip to the States but they seem unwilling in the extreme!
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
    And for another strike, Nick, never ever buy a Samsung camera. Last one I purchased simply refused to work and here am I stuck in the middle of the Grand Canyon, Death Valley and the Painted Desert without a functioning camera.

Reckon Samsung owe me another trip to the States but they seem unwilling in the extreme!
    Owww!
    Still, if there's an Apple Store nearby maybe good justification for popping for an iPhone 4s.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    Still, if there's an Apple Store nearby maybe good justification for popping for an iPhone 4s.
    Don't say that too loud... every since my wife's brother showed her his new iPhone, she wants one. And our Apple store is only 10 minutes from the house. $$$

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Don't say that too loud... every since my wife's brother showed her his new iPhone, she wants one. And our Apple store is only 10 minutes from the house. $$$
    I think we all know how this is going to turn out . . . ..

Specs:
    Unfortunately you're probably right. However, I think I can put her off until Xmas. (I hope)

Specs:
    They still show a 1 to 2 week wait online and in Houston they are sold out of 16GB.

Specs:
    Talking about cell phones. I just checked my cell phone...and it's a Samsung...CRAP!!!

Well...I guess I really don't have anything bad to say about my "Samsung" cell phone! That would have been "4 strikes"!!!

- Nick

Specs:
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    I think Samsung have concentrated on the phone side of things to be honest. The latest smartphone they have released here is outselling everything, and is very very good.
    I still think their Hard Drives are good though, but they probably come from the same place as everyone elses!
    As for the TV's, it's such a densely populated market that they have had to farm out the manufacture, and as said, there is very little quality control. The price point that have to sell at is so low now, that there is no possibility that they can keep to their old standards. A shame.
    I will assume the same applies to the monitors.
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
    Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
    Talking about cell phones. I just checked my cell phone...and it's a Samsung...CRAP!!!

Well...I guess I really don't have anything bad to say about my "Samsung" cell phone! That would have been "4 strikes"!!!

- Nick
    hahahaah laughing out loud now with this thread!

Thread Information