New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

CD drive not working?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

boblol

boblol is on a distinguished road

I have the previous model Macbook pro that i recently had wiped and updated to 10.6.8. I recently noticed there was a small dent underneath the disk drive. It was small and I thought i didn't have to worry, but when I tried to put in a Nirvana cd, it would make noises for a few seconds (like normal) but then just eject the disk. It's a brand new disk with no scratches and I tried blowing into the disk drive, but to no avail. I need to use this disk drive I have to mix a Nirvana cover album and I can't play the drum parts if I have nothing to listen to! Please reply quickly...
QUOTE Thanks
MacDude121

MacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram

Have you tried any other disks? If so, and they still don't work, your DVD drive has probably been damaged.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

It's a slot-loading drive. First thing to do is... use a cleaning disk. A dirty lens will do this, and it's a frequent occurrence.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Why is Firewire so much more expensive? | imac carrying case??? »