New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Out of internal memory, but NOT REALLY!?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iCaptureArt

iCaptureArt is on a distinguished road

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but here we go; I'm new!

I'm an audio engineer/video editor and I've always used my Glyph Terrabyte to do all my work inside of while working.

My problem right now is that I tried to bounce out a track out of Pro Tools the other day, and my iMac said I was out of memory on my computer. I quickly right-clicked on my Macintosh HD on my finder and it said I had 999 out of the built in terrabyte already used!

I quickly went around my computer and deleted all audio/video/photo's I did not need. So far, it still says i've used up all my memory.

Anyone have any idea's what the problem could be?

I've already deleted everything out of the trash bin and I am currently in the process of erasing free space off my Hard disk drive using the Utility tools built into the computer..

Anyone know why my computer isn't freeing up any memory?

Also! I tried deleting files off my glyph hard drive for extra space, and it's still showing up that even that's FULL..

I'm going crazy, please help if you think you can!
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Out of memory? Or out of drive space? Big difference.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
gsahli

gsahli is a jewel in the roughgsahli is a jewel in the roughgsahli is a jewel in the rough

Ya, you need to be clear with your terminology. Hard drive space/storage space is NOT the same as memory. You are low on hard drive space.

Easiest first thing to try - do a safe boot, which does some repairs in the background:
Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode
(restart normally after it is complete)

Next, start looking for temp files and duplicates of movies you were working on. Suggestions:
Free up space on your Mac with Disk Inventory X
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Think i messed up my WD external hard drive. what does this mean? | Why is Firewire so much more expensive? »