New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

time capsule will not accept network password

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rdh1079

rdh1079 is on a distinguished road

I recently upgraded to Lion, i have a imac intel. My time capsule worked fine. I upgraded my MB air to lion last night, let it install over night, come in this morning, type in the network password and it says it is incorrect. try it on the iMac, says the same thing. i went in to time capsule, changed the network password to something else, it rebooted, i connected to the network, enter password, says it is incorrect. I have tried it set to WPA2 Personal and WPA/WPA2 Personal, neither work. the only way i can connect to my wi-fi network is if i do not have any security on it. any ideas? Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
rdh1079

wow, not a single response? guess i will have to head to the apple store....
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

If you are sure you are connecting to your network with the correct password then I would probably try Keychain First Aid next.
QUOTE Thanks
rdh1079

I have now found that all of my devices cannot connect with the correct password. iPhone, iPad, MB air, and iMac, all cannot connect with password. The only way i can connect to my network is to disable the password.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Have you tried re-setting the TC (small button at the back usually requiring a paper clip) and follow the instructions that came with it?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac drive Booting PC | Would this monitor work well with the macbook(white2008)? »