New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

imac carrying case???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tlewis

tlewis is on a distinguished road

my gf purchased a imac 27" a year ago. the handy original carrying case has now become torn at the handle area. she doesn't want to invest $200 or more in a carrying case unless absolutely necessary. in the dozen or so times that she has had to move it between locations the original case has worked just fine. calling apple to purchase the original packaging has been futile. has anyone got any suggestions.
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.9 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.6.8

iLugger and Wheelsaway seem to be the only options for a new iMac carry case, both of them US$200 or more.

From what I can find out, there seem no cheap options but to a) take to the torn case with needle, thread and synthetic reinforcing tape/material [hopefully your gf is a practical, hands-on sort of person ]; or b) use a plain airline carry bag large enough to accommodate the 27" iMac.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.
QUOTE Thanks
Drumaddict88

Drumaddict88 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz Intel i5 4GB of RAM

Get a pelican case with foam. It comes in squares to remove and create the desired shape.

Fernando J flickr.com/allanglesimages
-MacBookPro 2.4GHz i5 4GB : iPhone 16GB 3Gs & 4
iPad 2 : iPod Classic 160GB : AirPort Express
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« CD drive not working? | How would I increase my Wifi signal? »