New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

USB printer connected to USRobotics AP - Not working on Lion

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

d82k

d82k is on a distinguished road

Dear All,

I have a Samsung ML-1510 printer (SAMSUNG Semiconductor - Page Not Found) connected to a
USR5461 802.11g Wireless MAXg Router (firmware 3.93.35.0.8) (http://www.usr.com/support/product-t....asp?prod=5461).

I need to print with this printer on my mac with Lion.. so:
I just go to add printer -> IP
Protocol: IPP
Address: http://192.168.x.x:1631/printers/My_Printer
Print using: Generic PostScript printer

When I click on add I get this error: "error trying to add the printer. client-error-not-possible".

I thought was a driver problem, so (since there are not samsung drivers for lion) I downloaded these: guigo.us SpliX

But the same error appears.

I have tried to use only 192.168.x.x:1631/printers/My_Printer as Address, it let me add the printer (also if it does not find it) and it does not work.

Can you please give me some advices on how I can solve this problem?

Printer and router works fine (I can perfectly print from my laptops and pc either with WinXP or 7).

Thank you for your help
dk
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

Thread moved to a more appropriate forum.
QUOTE Thanks
gsahli

gsahli is a jewel in the roughgsahli is a jewel in the roughgsahli is a jewel in the rough

Your printer isn't a postscript printer. (generic postscript driver won't work)
All drivers to date from Samsung have been for local USB connection only.
Install the Samsung-GDI driver set (three parts to install):
macosx/samsung-gdi | The Linux Foundation
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« PS3, Medialink and Airport Extreme | Can I connect a Mac Monitor to my PS3? »