New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Double sided printing

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fireman0174

fireman0174 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" IMAC

I have an iMac with an OS of 10.6.8. My issue is with my printer, an HP Lasetjet P2015dn model. A duplex model.

Most of the time when printing the "double-sided" printing option is not available, but it will, on occasion be available and it does indeed work.

I'm trying to find out why the option is not always available and what I can do, if anything, to effect a change to fix this issue.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this message, I'll admit that I didn't do any searches for an HP forum. I might add that prior to my iMac I had a Windows XP machine, Dell as I recall, and the option for double-sided printing was always available.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Your post was moved here. It's not a topic for the "Switcher" forum.

As to your question.... Double sided printing or duplex printing is strictly a function of the printer and drivers supplied. However, even with the proper drivers installed if an application does not support it, duplex won't be available.
QUOTE Thanks
fireman0174

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Your post was moved here. It's not a topic for the "Switcher" forum.

As to your question.... Double sided printing or duplex printing is strictly a function of the printer and drivers supplied. However, even with the proper drivers installed if an application does not support it, duplex won't be available.
OK, I missed the hardware area or it didn't register. Will take the time with future posts.

Duplex is certainly available from the printer. Just a few minutes ago I was able to print some material (duplex) from the internet, but was unable when I tried Word. I'll take a closer look at word's set-up.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Word 2008 and Word 2011 both support duplex printing if it's available for your printer. The only thing I can think of now is access the HP website and see if there are updated drivers for the printer.

I'm sure you've probably already gone through the various options available for the printer from its drop down dialog box that opens when you choose to print?
QUOTE Thanks
fireman0174

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Word 2008 and Word 2011 both support duplex printing if it's available for your printer. The only thing I can think of now is access the HP website and see if there are updated drivers for the printer.

I'm sure you've probably already gone through the various options available for the printer from its drop down dialog box that opens when you choose to print?
Problem was operator error. Found & posted my question on the HP forum. Problem (me ) is solved.

Thanks!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« A GLITCH with my NEW Mac Pro.... | iRemote help. »