New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Scanner doe not work in Photoshop

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MacLover2011

MacLover2011 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: i Mac OS X Lion

I am running OS X Lion on my new iMac. My old Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner will not scan into Adobe Photoshop CS5. There is no Twain option. However, I can scan through the System Preferences.

Am I supposed to download an Twain file from Adobe for Photoshop CS5 to scan? If so, where do I put that Twain plug in?

Thanks for your help.
QUOTE Thanks
elivia

elivia is on a distinguished road

I operate on Lion and have bought Photoshop CS5.1.
I have loved my Epson 1640SU scanner and am so fed up that it doesn't operate with Lion or with Photoshop.
I have read I should give up hoping to operate it from within Photoshop.
SOmeone said it could be done through PREVIEW a part of the Mac system.
I have no idea where to find preview.

My main concern is that when I operate Epson on its own, it comes up completely different ( like a VERY retarded version of its old self). ANd when it says SAVE there is no indication of where it is saving to (nor does it give me the option to save it to a place of my choice), so even if I would want to pull up the SAVE in photoshop, I can't find it.

It seems ridiculous that two new systems ( Lion and Photoshop CS5) have screwed up Epson. Or has Epson screwed itself up? Very confused and frustrated.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Adobe dropped twain support in the install package. You can download the plugin from adobes site.

Here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/405/kb405072.html

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
elivia

elivia is on a distinguished road

THanks for pointing me to this site. It gets quite confusing to read I found!

I did what you suggested ( I have photoshop 12.1x64, the latest version).

they say 'update to 12.0.2 ( I think, need to go back to that window) and I wonder if it only works with that.

when i tried said it was not compatible.

I also tried launching PREVIEW from LAunchpad as was suggested elsewhere

and this worked for scanning, but then I didn't know how to save or where to save. And once I was on photoshop couldn't see a way to find preview in that system.

mmmmmmmmm elivia
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Partitioning a RAID 0 | Mouse Recommendation? »