New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Printing problem on mac with HP 5550n

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

inter247

inter247 is on a distinguished road

Hi all, quick question.

I have lion OS if it makes a difference, and I'm using an HP 5550n printer to print eBay packing slips. The problem I have is that if I'm printing a fair amount in one go, say 150, the information on the slips is getting lower & lower on the pages? Like sliding down the page... e.g. 1st is fine & by the time I get to page 150 the logo & address is 1/3 way down the packing slip.

It was fine on windows pc so I don't think its the printer, its just happened since I went Mac.

Any help would be great I've tried playing around with margins etc in the printer settings but I think I'm missing something really simple !

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Moved to proper forum.

The only suggestion I can give you for now is to check with HP to see if there is an updated driver available for Lion. What you're seeing is not an operating system problem, it's a driver issue. And the only way to resolve that is with either an update driver or another driver that works.

You could also try removing the printer and reinstalling it. However, be sure to check the HP site for updated drivers first.
QUOTE Thanks
inter247

Ok, I'll try. It was same on the previous OS whatever it was 10.6 or something. The driver was found as soon as the printer was turned on and its the same on Lion, I have posted the same question in the HP forum so fingers crossed. I just don't get it, windows coped with it easily with "page layout"
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

They only appear to have drivers for OS X up to 10.6 (here). If you're using the Apple supplied drivers, you could contact HP to see if they have 10.7 drivers in the works or as a worst case, you could try the 10.6 drivers.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
inter247

HP Products with Print Drivers Supported in OS X 10.7 Lion and Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Does this say the printer is supported? I'd be surprised if it wasn't.. It was expensive ! lol
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

I didn't see the printer in that list but that doesn't mean it won't work. If OS X recognized it and set it up, it can work with your printer (why else set it up?). Have you checked Software Update for updated drivers? I know I've gotten updated print drivers (they weren't for an HP printer but it's worth a look).

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
inter247

Just doing software update, 1st thing its found is printer software .... ooh.. exciting lol

Fingers crossed eh?
QUOTE Thanks
inter247

Software update worked, sorry for such a dumb question. I've just come from windows... I kinda guessed that X Lion would automatically install the best drivers.

Its all good now - Thanks for your help
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Best keyboard for MBP desktop setup | Jumpy mouse scroll »