New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

H P Photosmart C310 printer and 10.7?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

V6Pony

V6Pony has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: MBP 15" I7 first one and loving it.

I'm trying to get this printer to work with Lion. I found the below on HP's driver site. It just confuses me. The way I read this. The new drivers are on Apple Software updates. But I have not been able to find them. What am I missing?

Thanks

Updating HP software for OS X 10.7 Lion
To experience the best performance and functionality, download the latest HP software from Apple Software Updates . After you install Lion, follow these steps to update the software.
Important : To successfully update the HP software and driver, the HP product must be turned on and connected to the Mac with a USB or network connection, or there must be an existing printer queue for your product.
Click the Apple menu ( ), and then click Software Update . Software Update checks for available updates.
In the Software Update window, select the software you want to install, and then click Install .

NOTE: Install all available updates for best performance and functionality.
When prompted, enter your administrator account name and password.
After the software updates complete, restart the computer (if required).
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Your post was moved to this forum - "Other Hardware and Peripherals". Does not belong in "Switcher".

It's probably best to look for the newer Lion driver on the HP site rather than depend on the Apple software update which may or may not have the specific driver you need.

Search the HP site by your model number. If a new driver is available for Lion download and install it.
QUOTE Thanks
V6Pony

V6Pony has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: MBP 15" I7 first one and loving it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Your post was moved to this forum - "Other Hardware and Peripherals". Does not belong in "Switcher".

It's probably best to look for the newer Lion driver on the HP site rather than depend on the Apple software update which may or may not have the specific driver you need.

Search the HP site by your model number. If a new driver is available for Lion download and install it.
Thanks for moving it to the correct forum.

i was able to get it working. I don't believe that the driver for this pinter is on the HP site. I went to the system preference Print and Scan Icon. Hit the + sign to add a printer. Was able to find the model 3100 drivers in the list. This added the printer and it works good. Have not tried the scan feature yet but I think it will work.

Very easy to add a printer this way. I'm not sure if this is a new feature in Lion or not. As with all Apple it works well.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« External hard drive | Netgear N150 Problems »