New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Travelling with Apple 30 inch Display

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BrandonB2413

BrandonB2413 is on a distinguished road

I'd like to take my Apple 30 inch monitor and put it in my stow away luggage. I have an iLugger case for it. I'm wondering about the exact screwdriver/screwdriver bit I need to disassemble it so it fits in to the iLugger case. Can anyone link me to it, preferably on Amazon.com? It would be much appreciated. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonB2413 View Post
I'd like to take my Apple 30 inch monitor and put it in my stow away luggage. I have an iLugger case for it. I'm wondering about the exact screwdriver/screwdriver bit I need to disassemble it so it fits in to the iLugger case. Can anyone link me to it, preferably on Amazon.com? It would be much appreciated. Thanks!
I would suggest purchasing something similar to one of these (I'm sure what you need will be there):

Precision Screwdriver Set - 33 Piece

32 Piece Screwdriver Set with Tweezers

HTH,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
BrandonB2413

I purchased this:

Amazon.com: Silverhill 15 Piece Tool Kit for Apple Products: Home Improvement

that should work, right? well..one of them anyway lol

I purchased this wheeled iLugger case (jesus $200 for a case, but still cheaper than shipping it to Mexico!)

http://www.powermax.com/parts/show/l...2BSearch&src=g
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonB2413 View Post
I purchased this:

that should work, right? well..one of them anyway lol
I generally like to have more of a selection...but you may be able to get away with this tool kit.

As far as the disassembly...are you just trying to remove the 30" displays stand for traveling/so it will fit in the travel case?

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
BrandonB2413

Yes. I just need it to fit in to my iLugger.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« CD Rom not working in Mac Book Pro | Help win iMac Hard Drive »