New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Driving Large screen TV

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JapanMCJ

JapanMCJ is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2Ghz Intel Core i7, 8 GB Ram, 750 GB HD, OSX 10.8.2

Config: MacBook Pro, OSX 10.6.8, 2Ghz Quad Core i7 processor, 8G RAM (Purchased March 2011). Mini-port to HDMI adaptor.

Problem: Unable to drive large screen (72" DLP Mitsubishi TV - about 5 yrs old)

My Mac CAN drive a 50" DLP Samsung and a 31" LCD Vizio with the same cable and adaptor.
This same cable and adaptor can drive the 72" Mitsubishi TV from my wife's Mac which is 1 1/2 yrs old.

Any idea why my newer, more powerful mac can't drive the 72" TV?
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Im not the TV Tech head but if you have a read of this Sticky written up one of our Mods it might have the info in there for you.

Connecting your Mac to your TV

HTH

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
JapanMCJ

JapanMCJ is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2Ghz Intel Core i7, 8 GB Ram, 750 GB HD, OSX 10.8.2

Thanks for the article but that did not seem to do the trick. As far as I can tell (from the menu and manual), my Mitsubishi Wd-73734 does not have the overscan option. I also tried different resolution settings but that does nothing. Again, my wife's older Mac works with this TV. I don't understand why my Mac won't. Any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Since you've been moving it from TV to TV, I'd try a SMC reset.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Wireless Keyboardwill not connect to mini?? | Is Airport Express better than my current router? »