Magic mouse or track pad w/lion
    Apologies if this has been discussed , but couldn't find a lot of info.
    I upgraded to lion and I want to take advantage of the touch gestures. I'm running a MB pro w/ external monitor . I prefer a mouse to a trackpad. But is the magic mouse a good option? Does installing magicprefs help make it a more relavant device ? Or is the trackpad the way to go with lion? I would love input from people with experience with both

Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    I would say the trackpad is simply great for finder navigation and web browsing.

But I admit that when using Office or Adobe apps I always have a mouse at the ready.
    Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system

I agree, I prefer a mouse to my macbook trackpad ( but I do like my trackpad and multitouch when I use it).

Im just looking for peoples opinion in terms of functionality. Does anyone feel that the magic mouse is much inferior to the trackpad? I have played w/ both some in the store and kind of liked the magic mouse. I have a friend who has it and hates it bc he says it seems to not work all the time.
    I would think that the lack of gestures could be improved with magicprefs.
    Overall I like the better control of a mouse but I don't want to sacrifice the gestures either

Well I went to Best buy to play with them, and they had no trackpad out, and the computers were still running snow leopard. I downloaded magicprefs, and tried it. I liked the magic mouse, only problem was the 3 and 4 finger gestures only worked maybe 60-70 percent of the time. Maybe theres a learning curve to it. Im leaning more to the trackpad at this point. I figure I have a mouse I can use if I need it and the touch gestures on the trackpad would be nice for everyday browsing etc. I just don't want to regret it bc I do like using a mouse much more

Have to agree with the above posts, I use the track pad 60% of my time, It fits perfectly into my workflow as a photographer. But there is still a place for the mouse I tried my partners Magic Mouse but went back to my Logitech 'Ortho' mouse it was originally designed for Gamers. Love it

Tucson, AZ
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    I no longer use a mouse. Ever. I use a magic trackpad and a wacom (a mouse in Photoshop sucks after using a tablet). That being said, the magic mouse does, at least, support many more gestures.. if you use them.
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

In Denial
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    I use a mouse at work on my Windows machine and bought a Magic Trackpad tp replace my mouse at home.
    No way would I go back!
    Only wish I had a trackpad at work.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Thread Information