New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Advice on monitors for MacBook Pro

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

smush

smush is on a distinguished road

I've been doing a fair amount of research over the past few weeks trying to get the best IPS monitor to connect up to my MBP. I'm on a max budget of $400. I want the closest thing possible to the vivd bright colours given on my MBP and on the cinema displays that I use at uni as I think they look amazing. I've only really spotted the Dell 2311h so far as a stand out is this a good display that would get me bright vivid colours I get when using my MBP. Does anyone have any other monitors they think are better?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Ramimac1

Ramimac1 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2010 i3 27" 16gb Ram

Unless you keep a lookout for a used apple 24 led probably not.

Old time Computer Hardware Tech
Ohh My Typing Sucks Live with it

Snoopy is the Man !!!
QUOTE Thanks
smush

Well what is the best I can get which is closest in quality to a Apple 24 inch LED display with my budget? Is the Dell U2311h a good monitor or is there better in my budget range?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Ramimac1

Without the chance to actually see them. it is hard to tell but. Here is a search from New egg with several options. I would think that any IPS pannel would give you great color reproduction, also should be the closest to what apple is selling.

I like the looks of this one VP2365wb due to the height & pivot adjustment

http://www.all-monitors.com/compares...sonic_vp2365wb and according to this it has better range all around.

Newegg.com - LCD Monitors,ips

Snoopy is the Man !!!
QUOTE Thanks
smush

Thanks for that. Just spent another 5 or so hours doing more research! I've found this: Hazro HZ27WC It's glossy but not glass (the HZ27WA I think is glass but would upset my bank account too much) some reviewers are calling it the closest alternative to an LED cinema display what do you think?

Oh and are the displays from Apple glass?

Thanks

Edit: I've found a glass version of the HZ27WC but only has DVI no displayport. Is DVI Ok for audio and visual?

Would a MacBook Pro with following spec support a 27"inch monitor?
2.53Ghz Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GeForece 9400M
QUOTE Thanks
Ramimac1

With the dual link DVI port you will need a Dual link DVI adapter like this one.
For only $61.18 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Mini DisplayPort + USB to Dual-Link DVI Adapter | Mini DisplayPort to HDMI / DVI / VGA Adapters

but that looks like a nice find.

Snoopy is the Man !!!
QUOTE Thanks
smush

would the macbook pro have enough power for a 27"inch screen as the MBP is only 15"inch?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Yes. When speaking of power I assume you're referring to video and not the actual power consumed by the monitor. Your MBP can send its video to an Apple 27" Cinema Display, so it should be able to do so on other comparable displays.
QUOTE Thanks
smush

Ok thank you
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ibook OS 10.2 need to get it online..help please | Mac-compatible Business Card Scanners »