SD Card Missing Partition Table
    I inserted my girlfriends digital camera SD card into my digital camera and all the sudden it started saying it had to be formatted. I was able to pull up the partitions and it shows a 4gb partition and a 900 and something mb partition, but the card is only a 2gb card. I downloaded some diagnostic software and I see that the partition table is gone, so if there a way for me to manually re-create the table and recover all the data that was on the card?

Quote Originally Posted by scottmd06 View Post
    I inserted my girlfriends digital camera SD card into my digital camera and all the sudden it started saying it had to be formatted. I was able to pull up the partitions and it shows a 4gb partition and a 900 and something mb partition, but the card is only a 2gb card. I downloaded some diagnostic software and I see that the partition table is gone, so if there a way for me to manually re-create the table and recover all the data that was on the card?
    I've never messed with SD cards, but I assume they can be mounted like a USB flash drive in OS X? Try Disk Drill. It can be used for free to see if you have any files that can be recovered, however you will have to pay for it to do the actual recovering. Barring that, Disk Warrior is the gold standard in file recovery, but you will have to pay for it before even trying it.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information